Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Vintage Plastic Helicopter Carrier ID Needed!!!  (Read 4725 times)

Offline Pumpkinwizard

Vintage Plastic Helicopter Carrier ID Needed!!!
« on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 03:19 pm »
I've recently acquired a large, green, plastic toy army helicopter.  There are no markings that I can find, and I have searched it thoroughly.  It is about 40 inches long by 20 inches tall, and 20 inches wide.  The back opens up.  The pilot seats look like they would fit the large-sized GI Joes. The propeller appears to be cardboard (possibly fixed?).  If I had to guess, I would say it was from the mid-60s.  (I'm having trouble uploading a pic, so bear with me.) Please help! I have no idea what this is or what to do with it.  Thanks in advance!

« Last Edit: Thursday 11 April 2019, 11:56 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »

Offline milkypuppy

• Tinkerbell's Toybox: A Tinkerbell Cosmetic Blog
Re: Vintage Plastic Helicopter Carrier ID Needed!!!
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 20 March 2019, 01:04 am »
Hey there!

It's hard to tell without photos, but could it be this 70s Mattel helicopter from the Big Jim toy line? It seems like the logos are on stickers so it's possible they may have been peeled off or worn from the years.

Photo Credit
Tinkerbell's Toybox: A Tinkerbell Cosmetic Blog

Offline Pumpkinwizard

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 26 March 2019, 02:01 pm »
Hi There! Thank you for your reply.  I have embedded a link to the picture - I would greatly appreciate it if you could take a look and tell me what you think! Thanks!

Offline Kathleen

• Vintage toys and other treasures
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 28 March 2019, 09:14 pm »
With picture:

I've recently acquired a large, green, plastic toy army helicopter.  There are no markings that I can find, and I have searched it thoroughly.  It is about 40 inches long by 20 inches tall, and 20 inches wide.  The back opens up.  The pilot seats look like they would fit the large-sized GI Joes. The propeller appears to be cardboard (possibly fixed?).  If I had to guess, I would say it was from the mid-60s.  (I'm having trouble uploading a pic, so bear with me.) Please help! I have no idea what this is or what to do with it.  Thanks in advance!

anything