Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: My thrifting adventures :P  (Read 45592 times)

Offline AngelBear

• 80's Toy Ark
Re: My thrifting adventures :P
« Reply #60 on: Sunday 05 December 2010, 08:09 am »
That looks like so much fun. In my state the Mormons have TONS of donation stores called "the DI" or "The Deseret Industries" there are no stores like that at all since 90% of the populace is Mormon so they bring their extras there. No places like that. I bet you really have to fight!

Offline Rider of the storm

« Reply #61 on: Sunday 05 December 2010, 11:34 pm »
Thanks zuse the good will store in the local area stinks. 99% of all the stuff they are for sale are clothes and the last time I was there there was only generic plush toys. I do not think I will shop there again. Why can't I have good thrift stores where I live  :'(

Offline zap18

« Reply #62 on: Thursday 09 December 2010, 03:13 am »
zuse's image is pretty accurate, but I must say that it does very much vary by city as to what shows up there in terms of quality.  Also in terms of the competition you might face, and how large the facility is.  Also in how well they sort it- for example, in the stores I frequent clothes are not mixed in with the other stuff.

As I said, I live in Texas, which means there is a large Hispanic population that is very accustomed to a flea market lifestyle, so competition is very present.  Many people will just pour toys into giant tubs they bring in, and it gets a little pushy.  But my sister has pointy elbows, so that helps :D

It's pretty wild, and not for the faint at heart.

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #63 on: Thursday 30 December 2010, 07:15 am »
There are sooo many items on your last thifting photos I want.

Gizmo, Lil Miss Mermaid, PJ Sparkles, and on and on and on!

Offline zap18

« Reply #64 on: Monday 05 September 2011, 02:16 am »
It's been so long since I updated this, but I just haven't had time to take such epic pictures!  I am still shopping hard though :D

I went to the flea market today, and while it isn't as huge as a lot of my hauls, I thought it had some nice variety:

This was fun for me today because I actually found a few pieces for my own collections, which isn't so easy to do in thrift stores any more.  I hadn't picked up that Crepes Suzette mini yet for example, so that was a fun one.  Plus, some good sales items.  Overall a nice little haul :)

Oh, the Super Hero Squad figures are for a custom project, so it's ok they don't have arms, lol!

Offline ecpblue

• Check out Precious Places on Facebook!!
    • Precious Places
« Reply #65 on: Monday 05 September 2011, 03:33 am »
Wow you really got some great stuff!!  I can't really tell though what are the disney items?
Please "like" my precious places facebook page!! 
https://www.facebook.com/PreciousPlaces

Offline mouse

« Reply #66 on: Tuesday 06 September 2011, 02:40 am »
I want the disney playsets :) How freakin' awesome that you found four MIB!

« Reply #67 on: Wednesday 07 September 2011, 12:11 am »
Nice find I would like to know who is the purple and white horse with the green wings is .

Offline zap18

« Reply #68 on: Saturday 10 September 2011, 11:41 pm »
The Disney sets are Polly Pocket sized playsets that go to the Magic Kingdom line- they are rides from the theme park :)  So cute!

The blue and purple pegasus is a Fantasy Fillie horse, similar to Fashion Star Fillies only smaller, and made by the company that made Grand Champions.

Offline ecpblue

• Check out Precious Places on Facebook!!
    • Precious Places
« Reply #69 on: Sunday 11 September 2011, 02:24 am »
Do they fit together to make a bigger carnival set??  They really are cool looking
Please "like" my precious places facebook page!! 
https://www.facebook.com/PreciousPlaces

Offline princess_lucy

« Reply #70 on: Wednesday 21 September 2011, 07:45 pm »
No furry families? *looks hopeful* lol!

« Reply #71 on: Sunday 25 September 2011, 02:20 am »
I did not find much at yard sales today the only good find was a vintage baby tugs care bear plush for 25 cents. One eye as yellowed a bit and so has  his nose, and the heart on the bottom of the bear no longer has care bears on it and the tush tag is a little frayed . I really dont want this guy so if any one wants him  PM me . He is a vintage care bear plush the tag reads kenner 1983.  

The only other finds I had was I found one of the kitty surprise sleeping bag ones but I forgot to grab the sleeping bag it came with  :'(  and the ribbon and the bottle it is supposed to have was not there. I also found a rainbow brite 3-d eraser from the UK how in the world did it over here.

These three items are going into my sell page if you want them pm me thanks.

« Last Edit: Sunday 25 September 2011, 03:03 am by Rider of the storm »

anything