Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Identifying old purple soft toy monster  (Read 3750 times)

Offline Vegguu

Identifying old purple soft toy monster
« on: Wednesday 26 February 2020, 09:48 am »

Does anyone know what toy this is? It has been mistaken for Barney, but I doubt that it is one. This one has green hair and doesn't have the green belly. It also has only a tiny tail. I have been thinking it as a Cookie monster also some time but now I'm not that sure about that either.
I have had this toy as long as I can remember. I'm 21 years old and I might have had this since I was baby. I'm not sure. But it's an old toy for sure. I'm kind of curious what toy this is. As you can see it has lost the other eye, but I promise it's still one of the most loved toys I have ever had.

My parents have told me it had been either talking or making some noises back in the day, but they don't remember for sure which one it made. It has something inside of it's back (some kind of box) so for sure it has been making some kind of noises. But it has been silent as long as I can remember. I am not sure if it needs batteries or something to work since the box where the voices come from is literally inside so I can't take it out. There is some kind of pocket also in the back that can be closed up with stickers. I can feel the voice box through the inside of the pocket. I am not sure if the voice box was actually supposed to be in the pocket, but there was a mistake or something.

Anyways it would be a really wonderful if I would finally after all these years found out who this is and if I can actually make this toy speak again.

Also I'm sorry for my English. It's not my native language, but hopefully you can still understand.
« Last Edit: Friday 28 February 2020, 08:01 am by Vegguu »

Offline Dludnerad

Re: Identifying old purple soft toy monster
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 February 2020, 05:12 am »
He might have been sold as a bootleg Barney.
I found this picture on a meme site. There was no info though.

Offline Vegguu

Re: Identifying old purple soft toy monster
« Reply #2 on: Friday 28 February 2020, 07:56 am »
Oh wow even with one picture I'm 100% that this is it. Thank you so much! maybe now i can try to find even more info about this toy knowing what it is.

I was recomended to ask about this toy from this site and was not dissapointed xD thanks again
« Last Edit: Friday 28 February 2020, 08:02 am by Vegguu »

anything
anything