Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: EdenEye's Newest Treasures  (Read 34148 times)

Offline Rider of the storm

Re: EdenEye's Newest Treasures
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 17 February 2011, 02:54 am »
Eden eye you are so lucky the thrift stores here do not take toy donations anymore I do not like thrift stores in NY any more.... >:(

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #31 on: Thursday 17 February 2011, 06:10 am »
@Em   Yea like what I don't get is, am I suppost to find a box for everything and weigh/measure it before i know if it will even sell? And just keep tons of boxes around or something? Argh. :)

@Rider of the Storm   I have noticed at least one thift store not carry any toys except stuffies. What a bummer. Honestly, what can these toys do anyways? I'd love to know!!! And who have they harmed? What's going on? I think its a conspiracy. They want people to buy all new toys...good news for toy companies!

Offline mouse

« Reply #32 on: Thursday 17 February 2011, 09:45 am »
Yeah for ebay you need to weigh/measure before it sells to give a shipping cost and yep, you need to have bubble mailers/boxes and other packing supplies handy.

« Reply #33 on: Saturday 19 February 2011, 03:43 am »
Thanks Eden eye I had to rant even the local good will only has large toys I mean huge fisher price sets ect or tons of generic plush but that is about it. I have not been to the salvation army lately I have no idea if they still have a toy section or not. I am hoping they still do.

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #34 on: Saturday 19 February 2011, 07:11 am »
In my opinion the only thing generic plush animals are good for are for my dog to destroy!!! lol. Some are very cute, but I don't collect them. Hehe.

Some more recent finds:

- Vintage Barbie case. (I absolutely LOVE the artwork on these. This one is either my 3rd or 4th This one is dated 1968.)

- Goosebumps Shrieks and Spiders Board Game(Game I had as a child, great to find it again)

- Guess Where? Board Game (From the creaters of Guess Who which I LOVE! I never knew this game existed and I was very excited to find it)

- Another ISpy Book (No matter how old I get, I never get sick of these.)

- Hobnobbins vintage puzzle

- Starfox for super nintendo (Perfect shape with box and instructions for $1.00!)

- Oddworld for PS1 (Perfect too!)

- A whole bunch of batman action figures from the 1990's, I thought these might be worth something but they appear to have quite a bit of play wear. Maybe i will find a little boy to give them too.

I really need to start selling on Ebay. My last attempt was disasterous. :(
« Last Edit: Saturday 19 February 2011, 07:27 am by EdenEye »

Offline EmBee

« Reply #35 on: Saturday 19 February 2011, 05:26 pm »
I almost wish the thrift store wouldn't even accept "carnival toys" (aka cheap hideous plushes).  Unless the child is really young he or she can tell when something is crap and won't want it.  They take up so much room that I can't find any good plushes most of the time!   >:(

-Em
;)

« Reply #36 on: Sunday 20 February 2011, 12:05 am »
Yeah that is what 90% of the plush at the local good will is . I found about four care bears for about 1-4 each but they are all modren ones from 2007 and one was a penguin but I do not collect these guys . I wish I could find new homes for my duplicate action figures so far no takers  :(

Offline mouse

« Reply #37 on: Sunday 20 February 2011, 03:30 am »
Yeah that is what 90% of the plush at the local good will is . I found about four care bears for about 1-4 each but they are all modren ones from 2007 and one was a penguin but I do not collect these guys . I wish I could find new homes for my duplicate action figures so far no takers  :(

You really need paypal to sell on the inernet. It makes it much easier for buyers and offers protection. Are you on any action figure boards? You would have a much greater interest there as the majority of collectors on here collect girls toys.

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 22 February 2011, 04:24 am »
YAH! I stopped by a thift store today and found a

Lil Miss Mermaid!!!!

I love Love LOVE Lil Miss dolls and I have been finding lots lately. But for years I had found none. Ya I am so excited!

And I finally got my Lil Miss Magic Hair with box and accessories in the mail today. In getting closer to completing my collection of these dolls.
« Last Edit: Tuesday 22 February 2011, 11:52 pm by EdenEye »

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 22 February 2011, 09:18 pm »
Nice find I am hoping to go to the flea market again some time in late march or early April depending on the weather.

Offline MissAliRae

« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 23 February 2011, 02:03 am »
That is so exciting! I don't often find nice pieces like that. I guess sometimes I might look over them since I don't actively collect them/know their worth. I should probably start picking them up so that I can maybe find them a home with people who do want them!

I'm always jealous of your thrifting brags!

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday 23 February 2011, 10:14 pm »
New Finds today:

Vintage Puzzles: Muppet Babies, GoBots, Fat Albert, Huey Dewey & Louie
Jem Rock n' Curl Doll Nude
Jem First Edition Aja Doll Nude
Cutest vintage Miss Piggy piggy bank EVER! (will take pic)
Cabbage Patch baby in blue blanket piggy bank
Webkinz Purse
Pucci Pups (cute fashion puppy in a purse, for my sister)
Weird electronic round Stitch stuffy. Not sure what it's suppost to do but very cute.
That's it. :)

Offline apanda0622

« Reply #42 on: Thursday 24 February 2011, 01:13 am »
That pink ice tickle bear is a great find!!!

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday 29 March 2011, 09:17 am »

These are my newest finds. My favorites are:
Starbright Sparkles (YA! I have my original from Childhood so this one is up for grabs.)
Penni Secrets
Lil Miss Candi Stripes (2nd one I have found)
My Pretty Topsy Tail
Lil Miss Magic Jewels (I found her with a terrible haircut but after a good wash it looks very cute short)
Princess Bride (This one I bought MIB from Ebay and I am actually quite disappointed about the quality of the doll. The bangs were so messed up that I washed her hair, but they are still very messed up.)
Lil Miss Magic Hair (With box and accessories)
Baby All Gone
Giga Pets Little Mermaid
2 Jem Dolls
Build-A-Bear Hippo
My Pretty Mermaid
My Little Pony Hand Mirror
Electronic Dear Diaries
« Last Edit: Tuesday 29 March 2011, 09:27 am by EdenEye »

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 29 March 2011, 09:33 am »
Most of the dolls I find come with their hair so terribly knotted that it looks impossible to repair. Just check out Penni Secrets before and after!

BEFORE

AFTER
« Last Edit: Tuesday 29 March 2011, 09:43 am by EdenEye »

anything
anything