Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [ID: Newborn Doll by Berjusa/Berenguer] Realistic Baby Doll [Dec 2009]  (Read 6476 times)

Offline Ghost Of The Doll

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
Britni emailed me this doll image and description:

"This doll baby was passed down to me when I was a little girl, it was my great Grandma's doll. It's all vinyl and is anatomically correct. and my aunt had purchased two dolls like it, one was a boy the other was a girl. She told me that she thinks they got them around the 80's but she said it might have been before that. I would love to know lots more information on this baby doll as possible.
There is no cloth on the dolls body and the out fit on it is my old outfit when I was a baby so I do not even know what the original clothing looked like. I would really love to find out information and the name of the doll. Thanks."
Britni

« Last Edit: Monday 26 April 2010, 10:12 am by Ghost Of The Doll »
Buy retro PIN BADGES and FRIDGE MAGNETS on Powder Monki!

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
Re: Realistic Baby Doll [Dec 2009]
« Reply #1 on: Monday 08 March 2010, 01:50 pm »
Gemma replied with an ID:

"Hi, the doll is a Berjusa newborn doll (an american company now known as Berenguer) they are about 21" in length came as an anatomically correct boy or girl. Originally they came with a hostpital ID band on its right wrist, which gave it's date of birth, and a doll number as well as a blood group. They were from 1985. they also came with a hospital like navel band to cover its life like newborn belly button, and a nappy. If your but berjusa newborn into Ebay you will see a few dolls there. Hope this helps.!
Regards Gemma

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
Re: Realistic Baby Doll [Dec 2009]
« Reply #2 on: Monday 08 March 2010, 02:14 pm »
Jaci replied with the same ID:

"This doll looks like the original Berenguer dolls, which used to be called Berjusa.  They were very popular in the mid to late 80's.  They were sold wearing only a diaper and a hospital ID bracelet."
Jaci

anything