Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: My finds/good buys  (Read 6026 times)

Offline Eilonwe

My finds/good buys
« on: Saturday 19 June 2010, 06:03 pm »
We don't have much by way of good thrift stores here. Most of my good finds come from the local antique malls. So my posts here will be a combo of finds and good deals on eBay, since I'm much more of an eBayer.

Today was the annual flea market held by one of the historical societies in the next town over. I came home with this:

I picked up the Pound Puppy pony for fifty cents.

Grover is a newer (1987) version of the old finger puppets I loved as a kid:

I used to have all the characters, but don't have any of my originals anymore. Oscar and Cookie I bought from somewhere a few years ago. Now I've got Grover V.2 as well.

Grover, a TMNT trinket I'm giving to a work friend, and a small pillow that's now on Draculaura's bed were 25 cents for the trio of items.

Grams Bear is in phenomenal shape, aside from her missing shawl. Her fur is as soft as if she was just made. Her laundry tag is present and her butt heart has no paint wear on the logo. She cost only 50 cents!

I don't know anything about this little doll except that I completely fell for her unusual face.

Offline WordFuzion

• Inner Child Eternal
Re: My finds/good buys
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 June 2010, 01:50 am »
Awesome finds, Lori! I especially love Grams bear. And the doll has such an unusual face, but I really like her too. Looks like you had a good time! :D
<3 Mare

Looking for: SWEETIE PUPS!!!! CBC Brave Heart Lion, Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Brite, Fluppy Dogs, 80's/90's Playline Barbie, Pound Puppies, Alley Kats, Beanie Babies, Kitty Kitty Kittens, Yum Yums, Rose Petal Place, Wrinkles, Popples, Large My Pet Monster and Pooch Patrol.

Offline DarkAnjel77

« Reply #2 on: Sunday 20 June 2010, 03:51 am »
Nice Buys!!

I like the unusual doll.  I never saw one like her. 

Congrats

Offline Eilonwe

« Reply #3 on: Friday 09 July 2010, 04:23 pm »
I finished my Swans Crossing figures collection!

Now I just need Callie's bike and I'm happy with my collection.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #4 on: Sunday 11 July 2010, 01:37 am »
well i got a very big tiger plush at an antiques mall today he is supposedly vintage but it may be too old for that i don't know. if i can upload a photo i will let all of you see him.
« Last Edit: Sunday 11 July 2010, 02:16 am by invaderhorizongreen »

Offline Eilonwe

« Reply #5 on: Sunday 11 July 2010, 05:15 am »
This thread is actually for my personal finds. I'm sure people would love to see your tiger, but could you make your own thread to post him in?

anything
anything