Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: My thrifty stuff!  (Read 4718 times)

Offline ianthe99

My thrifty stuff!
« on: Saturday 26 June 2010, 08:28 am »
No pics yet.. but I guess this will be my thrift thread. ;-)

This week was a little slow. Not so much money to go thrifting with. :-( Buuut, I *did* find a set of Care Bear Presto Magic from 1991, with the.. what are they called.. environmental bears? I also got a G1 My Little Pony (one of the carousel ones.. She'll be an upgrade if the MARKER they used to put the price on her flank will sunfade off!) Found a naked Peppermint Rose doll too.. I think I have her leotard around here somewhere. The highlight though? My 5th My Child doll! :-) A blonde with brown eyes! Her dress isn't factory, but it suits her and fits well. I had a spare pair of bloomers and shoes that are MC too.  She was all of $1.91!! Not too bad of a week. ;-)

Offline mouse

Re: My thrifty stuff!
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 26 June 2010, 01:02 pm »
I hate how they so frequently mark items with pen or marker. It's so annoying! Great job on the my child :)

Offline Blippo

« Reply #2 on: Saturday 26 June 2010, 11:01 pm »
Congrats. We have the same problem at one store with black construction pencil. Not only that, they put antiques in the display case for antique prices and write on them! Idiots!

Offline alicewonder

« Reply #3 on: Sunday 27 June 2010, 01:58 am »
Yes! I totally know what you mean just the other day I saw something and said now why the heck do they write right on the item. Esp. in permanent marker and on the top where you can see it. It was a game I mean for pete sake couldn't they have least wrote on the bottom of the box. It had great artwork but that marker Geez zu!

anything