Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [ID: Acorn Green] Tricycle toy (possibly with toy bear?)  (Read 4476 times)

Offline Rrilltrae

[ID: Acorn Green] Tricycle toy (possibly with toy bear?)
« on: Monday 08 March 2010, 10:25 pm »
I had a toy as a child which I'm trying to identify... It was a 6-8inch tricycle toy with a (red or white?) plunger on the back which would cause it to move forward when pushed down.  The motor would make a kind of zipping sound as it moved.  I believe the front wheel was large, solid and yellow/brown with a black rubber tread set into it.  It had a forest-y theme, the rear smaller wheels were acorn tops.   I think the seat was designed to look like a piece of wood.  

I know that I used to play with it with a toy bear, you could put his feet into the peddles which would spin, making it look like he was peddling.  Whether he came with it or was just the right size, I'm not sure.  I believe the bear had some kind of uniform on.

Any help would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: Monday 26 April 2010, 10:14 am by Ghost Of The Doll »

Offline lemondrop57

Re: Tricycle toy (possibly with toy bear?)
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 09 March 2010, 05:10 pm »
hi there
this sounds like letterbox bear from the acorn green range 1980's toys from tomy.

Offline Rrilltrae

Re: Tricycle toy (possibly with toy bear?)
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 11 March 2010, 01:30 am »
Yes, that's him! Thank you so much for your help in identifying him! (I found a picture on an ebay fan group to confirm)  Now all I have to do is find one...

anything
anything