Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [ID: Magic Makeup Girl - Remco (1989)] Unknown Small Doll [Remco Brand]  (Read 22102 times)

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: [ID: Magic Makeup Girl - Remco (1989)] Unknown Small Doll [Remco Brand]
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 25 August 2010, 03:33 am »
Yeah, I guess they all came with those open-toe plastic sandals. Mine also had a little wand with the sponge applicator on the end. For the warm/cold water. So, yeah. Basically just like the Makeup dolls. But Remco brand (I'm not crazy, hehe!)
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline zuse

« Reply #16 on: Thursday 18 November 2010, 07:22 am »
Yeah, I was wondering that about the stamp too!  I actually have a fakie of this doll, and the stamp got removed by the time she was rolled out.  I consider her more a fakie of this doll than a SSC because of her features.  Here she is, if you are curious:

Well, I found your doll. It's just a generic Lanard Party Ponies set (1996).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290501588042

Still no new information on my doll, though. ;(

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline zuse

« Reply #17 on: Friday 25 February 2011, 07:50 am »
Another siting! (doll with short blonde hair and bangs). Still no more info, though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280633703746

I guess there were at least three different ones - long hair blonde, long hair brunette, short hair blonde.
« Last Edit: Wednesday 06 April 2011, 11:35 pm by zuse »

Offline zuse

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 06 April 2011, 11:25 pm »
Still nothing on eBay (unless someone has listed it new but didn't include the manufacturer/year in the listing - I hate when people are lazy like that!)

Offline ForeverKokiri

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 31 May 2011, 04:55 am »
Found the long-haired brunette version of this doll! Unfortunately, she's nude... and still has no ID!

She's right there in the center to the right of the Cabbage Patch Kid. So at least now you know you weren't imagining her hair color!

Offline zuse

« Reply #20 on: Thursday 01 December 2011, 12:37 am »
I know who she is! I'm gong to try and win her but I have competition! If the bidder is on here, let's talk. I think there are enough to go around. ;)

Offline ForeverKokiri

« Reply #21 on: Sunday 04 December 2011, 06:44 am »
Aw Zuse, that was mean to leave us all hanging, especially since unless a thousand of these have suddenly appeared, there's only one bid on it. (yours)

There she is!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Vintage-1980s-Remco-Magic-Makeup-Girl-Dolls-NEW-CARD-/140652735984?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20bf8e6df0

Offline zuse

« Reply #22 on: Sunday 04 December 2011, 07:22 am »
Actually, I haven't bid yet. *sad* I was hoping the other bidder would pop by. Based on their feedback score, though, at least it's not one of those horrible resellers. Probably.

I'm not going to go too high since it isn't the one I actually had. Sometimes a picture is almost as good as the real thing! ;)
« Last Edit: Sunday 04 December 2011, 07:24 am by zuse »

Offline zuse

« Reply #23 on: Sunday 04 December 2011, 06:54 pm »
Great. Now there are two other people. The reseller bid on it (I know they read here) so now we get to watch them sit BIN at $150 for the next 2 years. (This is what happened after I posted the links to those Glamour Secrets dolls that sold for ~$10 each: http://www.ebay.com/itm/150609463473).

I was hoping if that first bidder won then at least someone that wanted it would get it.

« Last Edit: Monday 05 December 2011, 05:44 am by zuse »

Offline Mysstica

« Reply #24 on: Sunday 04 December 2011, 07:35 pm »
Pft, hell, why not? Their stuff IS selling.

http://www.ebay.com/csc/den268/m.html?_clu=2&_dlg=1&_ipg=25&LH_PrefLoc=0&_fsct=&LH_Complete=1

It's a total pain in the ass, of course, but people are buying.

Offline zuse

« Reply #25 on: Sunday 04 December 2011, 07:52 pm »
Eh. Some of those are probably Christmas splurges. I mean, I guess its a valid business strategy. And everyone is entitled to a bit of a markup for having to use eBay to stock their store. But those kind of BINs (especially when they are the only one of their kind currently listed) screw up the price expectations of other sellers that use auctions. I think some of them start them at a lower starting bid because they think there is actually interest and bidding will occur. It's probably a shock when they go unsold or this person snaps them up for $5 to $10. Then the reseller just sits on it for 2 years because someone desperate/nostalgic enough (and inexperienced with the wait-for-it approach on eBay) eventually buys it because another one hasn't turned up for 6 months. The "Want It Now" option can be your friend sometimes...

I think it's important that people be aware that when a lot of these items do show up on normal auctions, people do not bid them up to $50+. There might be a mini bidding scuffle as this seller is probably going to bid you up for awhile, but they're definitely going to keep the profit margin. I think you could still get most of them for less than $20.
« Last Edit: Sunday 04 December 2011, 08:14 pm by zuse »

Offline zuse

« Reply #26 on: Monday 05 December 2011, 02:58 am »
I should have bid higher just to spite them, but I don't want these two bad enough to spend over $20 on the dolls. And neither did the first bidder. Good luck reselling them. Ha!

Hopefully the one I had shows up one day. :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140652735984 - 2 Vintage 1980s Remco Magic Makeup Girl Dolls NEW on CARD - sold at $15.50

« Last Edit: Monday 05 December 2011, 02:18 pm by zuse »

Offline Mysstica

« Reply #27 on: Monday 05 December 2011, 01:57 pm »
Yes, but you got all of the info! :D :D :D

Offline zuse

« Reply #28 on: Saturday 01 September 2012, 04:42 pm »
Look who popped up on eBay.