Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [ID: Baby Hush-A-Bye] Cry Baby Doll  (Read 35601 times)

Offline neeta137

[ID: Baby Hush-A-Bye] Cry Baby Doll
« on: Tuesday 09 March 2010, 09:02 am »
Please help me find details on a doll I had when I was five, I still have her I believe in her original clothes.... and still works...

I can't find any information on her at all. This is all I have...She is in her original clothes, she cries when she is turned on and laughs once patted on the back a few times....then starts crying again once you stop patting her on the back... She has sleeping eyes... My parents believe she was known as the 'cry baby doll' there is not even a date stamped on her anywhere...but late 1980's is when I was given her... Sentimental reasons.... Its a doll I wanna keep because my parentsa gave her to me, I wanna be able to tell me kids and possibly grand kids what she was actually called.... someday...

The address and company details on the back of the doll are:

Hornby Hobbies Limited
Margate, Kent, CT9 4JX England
Requires 1 PP3/MN 1604 9V Battery

Photos
https://youtu.be/_eE1LnMFvNE

Video to display the sound she makes : https://youtu.be/Q6w9CcZoQ90

I have emailed the company and this is their reply....NOTE: The address in their reply is the same as the address on the back of the doll.

Dear Anita,

Thank you for your e-mail and apologies for the time taken to respond to you. Unfortunately we are unable to help you with this as Hornby never produced dolls.

Kind regards
Customer Care
--------------------------

Hornby Hobbies Ltd
Enterprise Road
Westwood Industrial Estate
Margate
Kent CT9 4JX
Tel +44 (0)1843 233525
Fax +44 (0)1843 233527
email: customercare@hornby.com

Thanks
Anita
« Last Edit: Monday 01 February 2016, 10:02 am by neeta137 »

Offline neeta137

Re: Cry Baby Doll
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 10 March 2010, 08:14 am »
**Updated** with links that work.... Thanks

Offline mylittleponylover

« Reply #2 on: Thursday 11 March 2010, 11:55 pm »
Hi there!
I have the same doll! I loved her dearly. When she ley down she cried and then when you picked her up she would start laughing. Ive been looking on the net for ages for info and I havent been able to find anything, but my parents kept a lot of boxes for things in the loft so her box may be up there. Maybe I can have a look this weekend because I want to know more too!

Offline neeta137

« Reply #3 on: Friday 12 March 2010, 09:33 pm »
Kool, kool, so how did you go? Did you find anything.... ? I've been looking for quite a few years and found nothing. No one seems to know anything about this doll. I can't believe after so long, she still actually works.... haha

« Reply #4 on: Friday 12 March 2010, 11:23 pm »
nothing yet :(
but like I said Im going over to my parents house on sunday so I might be able to get in the loft and have a look but its a very slim chance they happened to keep the box.
Does her dress have any lables sewn inside anywhere? Is there anything on the back of her head under her hairline? Im guessing youve already looked but I thought Id ask.

Offline neeta137

« Reply #5 on: Saturday 13 March 2010, 12:58 am »
Nope, nothing except what is written on her battery pack label...
Kinda sucks that the company ignores that they made her... Oh well, we'll keep trying...

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 24 March 2010, 07:40 pm »
hiya, just to let you know I did go up in the loft and I found my doll and she still works! No sign of her box though, we probably didnt keep it.

Offline neeta137

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 24 March 2010, 10:04 pm »
oh that's great that you found your doll and that she still works, but now we're both in the same boat. Lol, ah wells, perhaps someone who has seen her before or had her will see our posts and come forward...

Offline neeta137

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 24 March 2010, 10:37 pm »
Does your dolls clothes have anything sewn inside... is it the same dress as mine is wearing...?

« Reply #9 on: Thursday 25 March 2010, 01:21 pm »
I recognise the dress your doll is wearing, but I used to dress mine up and shes wearing a different dress, one of my own baby dresses acording to my mom. Couldnt find anything on her, says exactly the same on the back, hornby hobbies Ltd....

« Reply #10 on: Thursday 25 March 2010, 01:53 pm »
any idea what year you had her? Im guessing 1988 1989, does that sound about right?

Offline neeta137

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 30 March 2010, 11:48 am »
I'm not really sure, about then I'd say, I was about 6 or 7 when I was given her. I hope that someone can help us out... Geez. someone must know what/who she is...

Lol

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 14 April 2010, 07:21 pm »
Ive found something about the doll finally! I bought some argos catalogue scans on dvd from ebay because it was really bugging me and in the 1989 argos I found this picture and description

so there you go, shes called baby hush-a-bye by hornby and was made probably in 1989. I found another baby doll in there too, called baby bubbles, so hornby obviously did make some baby dolls at one time.

Offline memegans

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 14 April 2010, 08:54 pm »
Hot diggity darn I think that is her!  Good we can file this one away as "found".... :D

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 14 April 2010, 09:57 pm »
Ahaha someone should email that picture to Hornby's customer service. "You did too make dolls!"
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)
-Lady Lovely Locks Seek & Peek board game
-Used/nude Fashionista Ken

anything