Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: cards  (Read 13530 times)

Offline catlover51

cards
« on: Monday 26 July 2010, 03:56 am »
The magazines reminded me of the collector cards. Several of the Disney movies, Minnie Mouse and many, many more. Did any one else collect these? I still have them in some binders somewhere.
Toy geek I know ;D

Offline pikapal

Re: cards
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 July 2010, 05:52 am »
I use to collect the Imperal Disney cards, Minne n Me cards, Little Mermaid cards and Power Ranger cards.

Offline Rider of the storm

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 July 2010, 05:48 pm »
Well I used to have one for The Loin King from the movie but not any more and the only other cards I have are the x-men sets from 1991-1994 with just the base cards . I have none of the chase cards you could get to complete the set.  I have no idea why I still have these ??? I wonder if they are worth anything since most stuff in the 90s was over produced for the most part.

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 28 July 2010, 10:42 pm »
I know my cards are not toys but should I post photos of them anyway with my other stuff  ???

Offline catlover51

« Reply #4 on: Friday 30 July 2010, 01:21 am »
I'd love to see pics.
I think I also think I have ??pogs?? (the little round card board things)? 

« Reply #5 on: Friday 30 July 2010, 01:59 am »
I will work on that, and I also had some cards for the short lived gargoyles  series  from Disney I found a ton of toys form that series at a flea market maybe I should buy them . The vendor has action figures from star wars to power rangers both mint on card  and lose. He is always bring more stuff and will trade some of the action figures you have for one of his lose ones no questions asked.

Offline pikapal

« Reply #6 on: Friday 30 July 2010, 02:06 am »
I use to collect pogs too. I had some of the World Cup '94 ones and Power Ranger ones.

« Reply #7 on: Friday 30 July 2010, 02:11 am »
I had a ton of x-men pogs but got rid of them a few years ago I lost interest in them.

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #8 on: Friday 30 July 2010, 02:40 am »
It was kinda cool, i was at a convention here in my city and there was a booth that sold complete sets of cards, cheap. $10 a set and I bought Little Mermaid, Gremlins 2, Dinosaurs, Back to the Future, Barbie, and some others. Then I just bought the card sleeves and put them in binders!

« Reply #9 on: Friday 30 July 2010, 10:56 pm »
I wish there was still a card show and sale at the local mall they had one every summer until about two years ago now there is none. I would love to pay 10 dollars for an 1996 fleer ultra x-men set.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #10 on: Monday 02 August 2010, 01:05 am »
if i rember the lion king cards had chase ones like one that felt like a raised drawing and several were 6-9 cards that made a scene from the movie. i wish i had the whole set now they're kinda hard to find.

Offline Fairy Dust

« Reply #11 on: Monday 27 September 2010, 01:04 am »
I used to heavily collect non-sport cards when I was 13-17.  I have tons of them.  I have too many of them!  Is there any interest in them if they were cheap? lol  I have so many full sets of things.  I also have some unopened packs from various sets.  I think my oldest cards are the ET ones and I have a bunch from the 90's and some from the 80's too.  All kinds of themed ones from Batman, movies, Disney, Campbells, Mad Magazine, and so many more.  I guessing I have about 40+ sets and I don't know if I want to go into the chase cards.  I loved the chase cards.  My favorites were the moving one from the Lion King I of Kimba and Nala and all the of the Cinderella ones.  I have one card I've never been able to see on the internet and nobody mentions it either.  It's from the Disney Hunchback of Notre Dame set.  It was a mailaway offer.  I had to buy a really bad card game set and some money too to get it.  I didn't think it would come when I sent it out but eventually the months went by and a thin cardboard envelope got mailed to me with a beatiful moving dancing esmerelda card in it!  You slowly move the card and she spins around the pole!

anything