Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Toys are awesome. What does everyone out there collect?  (Read 57053 times)

Offline Rider of the storm

Re: Toys are awesome. What does everyone out there collect?
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 28 April 2010, 06:29 pm »
I am currently collecting the x-men action figures from toy biz from the 1990s but still have my old my little ponies I am not sure how long I am going to hang on to the ponies although. I am hoping my cousin still has here collection of the queen of power dolls.She had the whole set and I would like to have them.

My only complaint is some of the play sets for the line are over 50 dollars a set  I can not seen to find lose mint toys I want to display them some day . Hope fully I will have some photos soon.

As a note I have down sized my collection I had every thing from the mini steel ones to the 10 inch toys now I just collect the five in ones and are still adding to it.
« Last Edit: Saturday 12 November 2011, 10:43 pm by Rider of the storm »

Offline rimmu

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 09 November 2011, 11:09 pm »
« Last Edit: Friday 06 January 2012, 11:13 am by rimmu »

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #17 on: Thursday 10 November 2011, 12:23 am »
well i am looking for a few sailor moon deluxe adventure dolls to complete my collection. I have a huge list of us and UK GEN ONE MLP i am looking for. i am also looking for some of the magic meadow ponies,  all of the dream beauties, and the rest of the gen one LPS i do not have.  that is about the extent of what i am collecting.

Offline robodog

• Toy dogs are my power animal
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 10 November 2011, 05:39 pm »
I collect toy dogs. I've been collecting off and on since I was a kid. Twice I've gathered a fairly respectable collection and twice I've given it all away thinking I was done collecting. I've finally learned my lesson though. Even if I get tired of collecting I ALWAYS come back to it. The dogs I have now will not be sold no matter what.
My third go-round started out a bit different. I decided to just collect dog virtual pets or robotic pets like the FurReal Friends, Poo-Chi, Giga Pets digital doggy and Nano Puppy. But I was bored one day and looking at toy dogs on Amazon when I came across some of the Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families/whatever the heck they're calling them now dog families. I kind of fell in love with them. I ordered the Dalmation and Yellow Lab families and now I'm back to collecting all kinds of toy dogs now.
I'm a guy but I have no problems buying toy dogs from girls' lines. I own three Barbie dogs and wouldn't mind having some Sweetie Pups. Especially the collie. Even as a kid I had a Strawberry Shortcake plush dog.
I almost didn't get that though. I was in a Kay Bee toys with birthday or Christmas money and I was having trouble finding anything I wanted. My mom kept pointing at the dog and saying "Here's a dog. You like dogs. Get this" and I kept resisting because it was from Strawberry Shortcake. Finally I gave in and bought it. I was glad I did. I must have been about eight or nine.
My Holy Grail is not an 80s or 90s toy at all. It's a late 70s toy. Duke The Super Action Dog. A very large german shepherd action figure. I love german shepherds. They're my favorite breed. I've been closer to my various shepherds than I am or was with most the humans in my life. And when I was five my parents' shepherd saved my life. I'll buy almost any german shepherd toy.

Offline hime

« Reply #19 on: Friday 11 November 2011, 06:11 pm »
I collect a ton of stuff including
transformers
motu
tu-gi-oh cared
rainbow brite
she=ra
cherry merry muffin
sweet secrets
hugga bunch
strawberry shortcake
bratz
hollywoods
cpk
power puff girls
rugrats
gpk stickers
wee wild things
sea wees
dora the explorer.

Offline ojamajobrittany

• Lovey Duvey for anime!
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 12 November 2011, 05:24 am »
I collect mostly 80's toys and anime collectibles. I'm not a completist either. I can't really stand boxes. My collection of stuff is mostly random to.

80's: Rainbow Brite, Jem, Spectra, Rose Petal Place, Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Pony, Care Bears, CPK
Wuzzles, Popples and also stuff from Herself the Elf, Golden Girl, Shimmers, Nosy Bears and a Q-Bert.

Anime: Too many series to Count But I do have a lot of Sailor Moon, Ojamajo Doremi and Pretty Cure (all series) items. I Have a lot of Shounen stuff as well. Would like to have some vintage magical girl items but I don't really have the money (a pelsia pendent for $400! OUCH!)

other: collects Winx Club, W.I.T.C.H.,disney afternoon (90s girl) and recently Lalaloopsy dolls.

Well that's me and what I collect. I just wish I had my own house to put more stuff in but oh well.

Offline ojamajobrittany

• Lovey Duvey for anime!
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 12 November 2011, 05:27 am »
I collect mostly 80's toys and anime collectibles. I'm not a completist either. I can't really stand boxes. My collection of stuff is mostly random to.

80's: Rainbow Brite, Jem, Spectra, Rose Petal Place, Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Pony, Care Bears, CPK
Wuzzles, Popples and also stuff from Herself the Elf, Golden Girl, Shimmers, Nosy Bears and a Q-Bert.

Anime: Too many series to Count But I do have a lot of Sailor Moon, Ojamajo Doremi and Pretty Cure (all series) items. I Have a lot of Shounen stuff as well. Would like to have some vintage magical girl items but I don't really have the money (a pelsia pendent for $400! OUCH!)

other: collects Winx Club, W.I.T.C.H.,disney afternoon (90s girl) and recently Lalaloopsy dolls.

Well that's me and what I collect. I just wish I had my own house to put more stuff in but oh well.
Oh Yeah! you can see some of the stuff I collect at Deviantart! just search my username: Kittychanbb

Offline Rider of the storm

« Reply #22 on: Saturday 12 November 2011, 10:44 pm »
Thought I could up date what I collect . I am still looking for barn yard commandos , any unusual animals and trying to finish my action figure collection.

« Reply #23 on: Sunday 13 November 2011, 05:00 pm »
come to think of  it i am trying to finish off my sailor moon doll collection. I still need tuxedo mask of the deluxe adventure line. I also need sailor, pluto, saturn, neptune,uranus, and mini moon  for the same line as well. If only i could find them.

Offline ecpblue

• Check out Precious Places on Facebook!!
    • Precious Places
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 13 November 2011, 05:35 pm »
I figured I would add in what I collect as well :-)  I have a TON of toys from when I was younger that I would like to 1 day collect including:

G1 MLP
LLL
SSS
Calico Critters
Rainbow Brite
and I am sure there are other things as well but I can't think of them right now lol

Besides that there are actually only 2 things I actively collect and they are
Precious Places (I am sooo close to having the entire set! I am mainly collecting other versions) and Betty Spaghetty
Please "like" my precious places facebook page!! 
https://www.facebook.com/PreciousPlaces

Offline robodog

• Toy dogs are my power animal
« Reply #25 on: Monday 14 November 2011, 06:00 pm »
Calico Critters are awesome! I have the Dalmation and yellow lab families. They're still around too. I got mine on Amazon a few weeks ago.

Offline LadyIap

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 16 November 2011, 07:11 pm »
I collect teddy bears, dolls and toys from the 80s, though none of these categories is mutually exclusive.  I'm sort of a half-completist; I'd prefer that a doll or toy has as many of its original pieces as possible but I'm not too picky, and unless it's a collectible Barbie I end up throwing the box away.

My 80s collection consists mainly of 80s era Care Bears.  I also collect Lady Lovelylocks, Moondreamers, Rainbow Brite, Strawberry Shortcake and G1 My Little Pony.

-Kim
Sometimes everything that you try isn't enough to change the world. Sometimes your greatest triumphs lead directly to your downfall. But when you open your heart to someone else, and you change each other, then whatever may come, you are unlimited.

Offline Candice

« Reply #27 on: Friday 18 November 2011, 03:35 am »
Mostly Barbies but anything from the 80s and 90s I can get my hands on, especially if it's something I had as a kid that got lost. I really really want to collect Baby Face dolls!

Offline jadedoz

« Reply #28 on: Saturday 26 November 2011, 05:41 am »
I collect toys from the 80s and 90s (with a few from the 70s as well). I am constantly adding to my collection. I also have kept a lot of toys and dolls from my childhood. Here is a link to my flickr account:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jadestoys/sets/

« Reply #29 on: Saturday 26 November 2011, 10:13 pm »
well i got some more petite ponies yesterday and I wound up with one form the UK and i now have a full set.

anything
anything