Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Care Bear Treat Heart Pig  (Read 35753 times)

Offline EdenEye

Care Bear Treat Heart Pig
« on: Monday 23 August 2010, 06:30 am »
So I have only ever seen one pic of Treat Heart Pig. I know he is super rare, but anyone have any other pics of him?

Also, does anyone know why she is so rare? Well obviously because their aren't many out there. But anyone know how many were released and where? Let me know if youve got any info.

Offline EmBee

Re: Care Bear Treat Heart Pig
« Reply #1 on: Monday 23 August 2010, 12:58 pm »
Nice post!  I don't know anything about Care Bears but I like this post idea.  :D

-Em
;)

Offline princess_lucy

« Reply #2 on: Monday 23 August 2010, 04:17 pm »
Treat Heart pig's my grail....

Offline WordFuzion

• Inner Child Eternal
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 24 August 2010, 03:33 am »
I've never seen another pic of her!

How about Noble Heart Horse? I've always wanted to see more shots of her because the one picture everyone shows she sorta looks like a deformed dog, lol. You'd think if someone who collects has them they'd know how badly the rest of us want to oogle!

<3 Mare
<3 Mare

Looking for: SWEETIE PUPS!!!! CBC Brave Heart Lion, Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Brite, Fluppy Dogs, 80's/90's Playline Barbie, Pound Puppies, Alley Kats, Beanie Babies, Kitty Kitty Kittens, Yum Yums, Rose Petal Place, Wrinkles, Popples, Large My Pet Monster and Pooch Patrol.

Offline apanda0622

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 24 August 2010, 04:44 am »
I think Treat Heart Pig (I'm assuming vintage) was a prototype.  Noble Heart was produced but just really hard to get.

EDIT:  WhispersoftheWind on the MLP Arena has all the vintage plush care bears except Treat Heart.

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 24 August 2010, 05:37 am »
Has WhispersoftheWind posted a pic of her entire collection?

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 24 August 2010, 05:38 pm »
Wow. Thats impressive. Thanks Apanda!

But hey, I think she is missing the loyal heart dog and playful heart monkey...or maybe just didnt post pictures of them. But they are some of the more costly ones. (?) According to to this website http://www.timelesstrinkets.com/CareBears/Price-Guide-Frames.html

I have come to terms with the fact my collection will never be complete. I have all the "regular" bears and common cousins. But no UK rare cousins. And no Cubs, and not all the environmental bears. Hmmmmmmm, I think polite and perfect pandas are the next on my want list though. They are super cute... only newer version made though I think?

Offline apanda0622

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 24 August 2010, 06:08 pm »
Wow. Thats impressive. Thanks Apanda!

But hey, I think she is missing the loyal heart dog and playful heart monkey...or maybe just didnt post pictures of them. But they are some of the more costly ones. (?) According to to this website http://www.timelesstrinkets.com/CareBears/Price-Guide-Frames.html

I have come to terms with the fact my collection will never be complete. I have all the "regular" bears and common cousins. But no UK rare cousins. And no Cubs, and not all the environmental bears. Hmmmmmmm, I think polite and perfect pandas are the next on my want list though. They are super cute... only newer version made though I think?

I'm pretty sure she has those two cousins--I just couldn't find a post about them.

I found the True Heart Bear for her.  I didn't really want it, and I know how much she wanted it, so I traded her for another care bear.  I only want to collect the US ones.

I believe the pandas were only made recently.  I have the beanie versions.  I need the grams beanie though.

Offline catlover51

« Reply #9 on: Thursday 26 August 2010, 01:49 am »
« Last Edit: Saturday 25 September 2010, 02:07 am by catlover51 »

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #10 on: Thursday 26 August 2010, 05:13 am »
So it only came out in the UK, Must have been very very few made. I wonder how many.

A long time ago, I was on the MLPTP Forums in a chat room. I met a girl who claimed to have multiples of all the bears, included 2 or 3 of treat bear, stashed away in storage. She claimed it was her relatives who bought them for her and were storing them for her.

I wish I knew who she was, cant remember, and I wonder if she was telling the truth.

Hmmmmm.
« Last Edit: Thursday 26 August 2010, 05:15 am by EdenEye »

Offline apanda0622

« Reply #11 on: Thursday 26 August 2010, 02:40 pm »
Yes, Treat Heart was a UK prototype.

http://www.wishbear.net/?page_id=90

Offline Coma

« Reply #12 on: Thursday 26 August 2010, 02:59 pm »
Treat Heart Pig exists only as a prototype. It was not released for sale, and it was not a UK limited release, like Noble Heart Horse.

Treat Heart has been on eBay a couple of times, selling at the most I think for around $8000.
There have also been a couple of fake Treat Hearts on eBay, (including a blue and a pink version, possibly made from a Lotsa Heart Elephant) without symbol patches, also selling for thousands.

There are different claims about how many may have been made; generally, as it was a prototype, the consensus is that there were perhaps 5 or less genuine versions in existence.

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #13 on: Thursday 26 August 2010, 06:39 pm »
Catlover: Cute keyrings, I bet the cat is a hard to find out too.

Coma: Thanks for the info, that is very depressing thought. Only about 5 ever made. :( But the fact that no Stormy (Rainbow Brite) has ever been seen is even more sad.

I wonder who owns these bears and how they are displayed? Lol, behind glass....insured I am sure. I wonder how many of these bears are owned by people who dont even know how rare they are. And I wonder if any have been thrown away. :S
« Last Edit: Thursday 26 August 2010, 06:45 pm by EdenEye »

Offline MissAliRae

« Reply #14 on: Friday 27 August 2010, 03:03 am »
I think that is what makes me most sad, is to think of all the vintage toys lost or thrown away that would really be worth something to some of us collectors.

Today at a Thrift Store I found two vintage kenner care bears, Cheer Bear and a mini Love a Lot bear. Granted those are not that rare, but could be sold for some money and be important to a collector, such as myself. I mean it's great that people donate stuff to thrift stores, but it's also disheartening because then collectors who really value these things might never find them. Or worse yet, someone could not go through the trouble of donating and just toss it in the trash.

But yeah, I didn't even know of Treat Heart Pig's existence until recently. That's crazy, something that started as a simple child's plush, becoming a collector item worth thousands of dollars. Just shows how much collections like these are worth to their owners. Although to be fair, I guess as a prototype, it was never really considered a child's plush toy.

anything
anything