Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Care Bear Treat Heart Pig  (Read 35733 times)

Offline EmBee

Re: Care Bear Treat Heart Pig
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 28 September 2010, 09:17 pm »
Is Cheeky Heart Monkey the same as Playful Heart Monkey?

According to this http://www.timelesstrinkets.com/CareBears/Price-Guide-Other.html if in perfect mint condition he could cost $300.  :-\

-Em
;)

Offline AngelBear

• 80's Toy Ark
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 30 September 2010, 03:59 am »
The things about Timelesstrinkets is that the site is about 11 years old, so it is pretty out of date. The last Playful Heart monkey went for $760 in 2004. Here's the list: http://www.poseableplace.com/collecting/toys/80_era/poseables/prototypes/playfulheart.htm

Offline EmBee

;)

Offline AngelBear

• 80's Toy Ark
« Reply #33 on: Friday 26 November 2010, 02:25 am »
Anyone who knows the line can see that is Lotsa Heart elephant modded to look like Treat Heart. None of the TH Protos have tag stitching on the bottom. Nor did they have that kind of tail. Plus the tummy looks outside stitched, and the nose isn't right. I hope no one buys that.

Offline EmBee

« Reply #34 on: Friday 26 November 2010, 04:41 am »
Wow that's really sad.  :(  It looked suspicious even to me.

Thanks for the information AngelBear.
-Em
;)

Offline Coma

« Reply #35 on: Friday 26 November 2010, 06:02 pm »
I remember a previous Treat Heart prototype was suspected of being a re-made Lotsa Heart.

This one does not have Lotsa Heart's eyes though - these are clearly Cheer Bear's eyes.

The nose hearts look unlike any of the others do.

Offline catlover51

« Reply #36 on: Friday 26 November 2010, 06:46 pm »
I'm still sorting my stuff and found a bunch of patterns - Treat heart and Bright Heart fronts

Offline Whispersofthewind

« Reply #37 on: Saturday 27 November 2010, 03:47 am »
Well I'm certainly late to this discussion!  Even though I've been a member of this forum for a while, I found this post by googling my username  ::)

Many thanks to apanda :)  I do have all the care bears and cousins, except for treat heart pig.  (here are the ones someone asked about)

I don't have updated photos of all of my collection together since they are split between two homes at the moment.  I do keep them on display, or stored away in a box (one day I will have them all displayed together!)

i have one of those treat hearts that you cut out from fabric, and i've also seen patterns to make your own out of plush.  i'm trying to make one from a vintage birthday bear (and don't worry ill never pass it off as real - the nerve of some people! >:(

the auction one looks like a cheer bear was used.  maybe fabric from another cheer bear or lotsa heart elephant was used to make it's ears.   What really makes it stick out to me is the white plush fabric for it's belly.  it's not even sewn in the same way as the others which makes me think someone switched bellys to make it appear to be a prototype.

Offline AngelBear

• 80's Toy Ark
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 27 November 2010, 05:44 am »
Whispers, you are correct. Now that I look closer it is a Cheer Bear I believe.

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 27 November 2010, 07:17 am »
Laura2468 (http://myworld.ebay.com/laura2468) on eBay CONSTANTLY has Kenner items for sale. I've been watching that seller for at least 4 years off and on and they will sell like bulk lots of Care Bear poseable accessories. They have to have some connection to the company and the surplus. I've tried to message them a few times but NEVER get a reply. Anyway - might be a good person to check with to see if they have any of those rare poseables for sale?
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline Ianua

« Reply #40 on: Saturday 27 November 2010, 07:43 pm »
I would really like a poseble playful heart monkey but don't want to pay that much does anyone know if they re-released him like they did with the care bear poseables x

Offline Whispersofthewind

« Reply #41 on: Saturday 27 November 2010, 11:38 pm »
The seller doesn't know the origin of this Treat Heart...says she/he got it from a Ebay UK auction...

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #42 on: Sunday 28 November 2010, 12:37 am »
i think it is terrible when someone tries to sell something that is not legit.  >:( i can understand if one is mistaken but to purposely try to pass of a fake.

Offline AngelBear

• 80's Toy Ark
« Reply #43 on: Sunday 28 November 2010, 12:41 am »
Lanua, they never released the cousins as poseables.

Offline Fairy Dust

« Reply #44 on: Sunday 28 November 2010, 07:20 am »
If the Care Bear Poseables are the little bears that you could move the arms and legs then yes some of the cousins are poseables.  I have a couple of them.

anything