Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Some recent finds  (Read 12114 times)

Offline MercurialMonster

Some recent finds
« on: Saturday 04 September 2010, 09:48 pm »
I was near Value Village on the 2nd, and decided to take a peek at the toy section.   I told myself I would behave, but I ended up bringing home a bunch of stuff (to my credit, I left most of the G3 MLPs, and some newer Care Bear stuff, though it was hard to say no)!

First, the Pound Puppy:

I found her after I found the first plush Care Bear, and decided the old Puppy would go home with me instead.  The white stuff on her head and face is just stuffing, she needs a bit of TLC.   The shirt was on her when I found her, it isn't original, but it is cute.

Assorted toys:

These all came in various bags.   I was real excited when I found the G1 Newborn Sleepy Head, I don't find G1 ponies often anymore (though I did find a baity Majesty at the State Fair on the 1st, forgot to take a picture of her).  And then I found the bag of Care Bears and Butterbear, yay!

Horse figures:

I also found two bags of Funrise Horses, and in the pictures there is also a fuzzy unicorn and a small Grand Champion (those came in a bag with the G3 ponies). 

All in all, it was a bright spot in a lousy day.  :)

(P.S. I am not sure what is up with Photobucket.  I cropped and resized the images, but when I post them here they show up unedited.)

Offline flowersinherhair

Re: Some recent finds
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 September 2010, 10:09 pm »
Awesome finds! Some of those Funrise horses look really familiar - I'm sure I must have had some of the same ones as a kid. :) Also, finding G1 MLPs in thrift stores these days is rare, so congrats on finding Sleepyhead!

Offline MercurialMonster

« Reply #2 on: Saturday 04 September 2010, 10:30 pm »
Oh yeah, I was real excited about finding her, especially after having found another G1 the day before.   She is in really nice condition, aside from a hair cut and needing a general clean-up.

Offline Rider of the storm

« Reply #3 on: Sunday 05 September 2010, 01:33 am »
Nice finds I am trying to get to a flea market tomorrow I hope I find some nice stuff.

Offline mouse

« Reply #4 on: Sunday 05 September 2010, 05:25 am »
I used to have some of those horses - they've got their breed written on their stomachs, right?

Offline KrystalTips

« Reply #5 on: Sunday 05 September 2010, 11:30 am »
what is a vaklue village and why dont we have one in the uk! jealous!!! lol xxx
WANTED:- Matchbox Carousel Horses, Tonka Keypers and Disney Wuzzles!

« Reply #6 on: Sunday 05 September 2010, 10:23 pm »
I had a good day at the flea market today. I found the jewel rides horse but this time it was on her toy for a dollar table so I had to buy it.  ;D . I found a little pretty cat it is frosty fur no collar, comb , or ribbon but needs a bath. It had a rubber band in its hair it looks like the one that came with the toy. I also found some fake mlp but I had to get  them. I also found some weird horse toys about the same size of the little beauties, I will post all the photos on my album. Was any one here looking for a jewel rides horse ? It as no accessories but , all the legs and the horn are intact.

Offline MercurialMonster

« Reply #7 on: Monday 06 September 2010, 11:44 pm »
I used to have some of those horses - they've got their breed written on their stomachs, right?

Yeah, the Funrise horses have their breed name stamped on their bellies.

what is a vaklue village and why dont we have one in the uk! jealous!!! lol xxx

Value Village/Savers is a thrift store chain in North America and Australia.   I totally understand... I live in Alaska, we don't have a whole lot of wonderful places to find older toys. 

« Reply #8 on: Monday 06 September 2010, 11:47 pm »
There are no good places here either expect two thrift stores I never get to they are open two days a week.

anything