Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [ID: Fairies of Cottingley Glen] Fairy Doll with Sparkly Legs [Aug 2006]  (Read 12013 times)

Offline Ghost Of The Doll

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
An anonymous person emailed me this description:

"Any idea what the name of a flower fairy doll is that has long, sparkly legs and bright, single coloured hair...blue, pink, purple, yellow, etc?"
« Last Edit: Monday 26 April 2010, 10:15 am by Ghost Of The Doll »
Buy retro PIN BADGES and FRIDGE MAGNETS on Powder Monki!

Offline Luvlee

Re: Fairy Doll with Sparkly Legs [Aug 2006]
« Reply #1 on: Friday 12 March 2010, 09:15 am »
i wonder if I am the anonymous person, hmm...I came here to ask if anyone knew what these dolls were called. They were sold at k-Mart and had glittery legs that were brightly colored, as if they wore sparkly tights. The one I recall wanting had pink hair and a pink and green outfit and pink glitter legs. I don't think the wings of the doll of were permanently attached and maybe clipped on and were plastic or were possibly cloth wings attached to the shirt the doll wore. The legs were moveable and very close together with dainty pointed toes in the displayed position or the one you'd have her flying in. I think all of the doll's body was a bright color so she never looked naked and her bust was modest but present. I never had money for one or got it when I asked cuz I was too old for toys(so this must have been mid to late 90's), but have remained enchanted by just the faded memory of this doll to this day and will occasionally scour ebay for every fairy doll listed. I'd be eternally grateful if anyone could steer me in any direction.

much <3 2 U

Offline Ghost Of The Doll

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 March 2010, 06:10 pm »
Could they be Fairies of Cottingley Glen? They were produced by Playmates in 1997.

Here's a link with lots of images:

http://www.darah.com/collection/cottingley/fairy.asp
Buy retro PIN BADGES and FRIDGE MAGNETS on Powder Monki!

Offline Luvlee

« Reply #3 on: Monday 15 March 2010, 02:36 am »
aaaaaaaaacccccccccccccccck

that's totally them!!!!!! i want them sooo bad! anybody have em let me know pretty pleese =]]]]]=DDDDDDDDDDDDD

i really thot i mite never ever find them or see them again. looking at them again i know why i have sought them so! few toys are made so artfully as these =]

thank you ohso vvery very muchley; gratitude pours out my ears in rainbows

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #4 on: Monday 15 March 2010, 03:01 am »
Hi Luvlee, there are plenty of them for sale on ebay!
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=fairies+of+cottingley+glen&_sacat=See-All-Categories

I also found them online on other sites, as well.

Many of the loose dolls are going for under $10, best of luck!
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)
-Lady Lovely Locks Seek & Peek board game
-Used/nude Fashionista Ken

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #5 on: Monday 15 March 2010, 03:02 am »
Hi, you can buy some at this website and a VERY reasonable price. I have ordered from this store 3 times and it was great. Go down the page, it goes alphabetical, to F and you'll see some there.

http://www.pranceatron.com/toys/dollssmall.htm

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #6 on: Monday 15 March 2010, 03:05 am »
Someone awhile back had a bunch of wholesale toy lots for sale on eBay. I won a few but unfortunately they messed up and sent me the wrong box (and no refund was offered without me paying to ship it back. I think for their mistake I shouldn't have had to pay shipping to return it). Anyways, a few of them had those dolls. And I noticed that one of the people that bought some of these lots at an awesome price is a reseller that has them WAY jacked up on eBay now. *cough* Lucky them, their packages didn't get switched.

So, be patient if you want MOC ones. But it looks like there are some good deals for loose ones as well!
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline Luvlee

« Reply #7 on: Monday 15 March 2010, 03:16 am »
Hi Luvlee, there are plenty of them for sale on ebay!
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=fairies+of+cottingley+glen&_sacat=See-All-Categories

I also found them online on other sites, as well.

Many of the loose dolls are going for under $10, best of luck!

oh, thank you thank you =DDDDDDD

Offline Luvlee

« Reply #8 on: Monday 15 March 2010, 03:18 am »
Hi, you can buy some at this website and a VERY reasonable price. I have ordered from this store 3 times and it was great. Go down the page, it goes alphabetical, to F and you'll see some there.

http://www.pranceatron.com/toys/dollssmall.htm

OMG, I've already emailed the seller; im overjoyed!!!! thank you so much, soooo much =)))) =D and thank you for telling me how to navigate the page; i'm not so good at internet things =p you're a doll, my dear!

Offline Luvlee

« Reply #9 on: Monday 15 March 2010, 03:19 am »
Someone awhile back had a bunch of wholesale toy lots for sale on eBay. I won a few but unfortunately they messed up and sent me the wrong box (and no refund was offered without me paying to ship it back. I think for their mistake I shouldn't have had to pay shipping to return it). Anyways, a few of them had those dolls. And I noticed that one of the people that bought some of these lots at an awesome price is a reseller that has them WAY jacked up on eBay now. *cough* Lucky them, their packages didn't get switched.

So, be patient if you want MOC ones. But it looks like there are some good deals for loose ones as well!

i have to be patient! lol, i cant' pay 100 for a single doll, geez. tho i wish i culd

anything
anything