Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [ID: US Version of Bankuka by Brinquedos Bandeirante] Barbie-Sized Laundry Set  (Read 14060 times)

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Update: Added picture of box.

This is a toy I received in the late 1980s. It was two-pieces. One was a "washing" machine. The window had a shade that really rolled up. The cabinet with the folding ironing board on the front had a yellow plastic iron attached by a string. I have a photo of the box somewhere at my parents' house, but I don't have it scanned into my computer. The actual toys were thrown out years ago so I can't tell you the markings. They were NOT Barbie brand (obviously... not pink enough!) :) I know that the closet was actually made of sort of a metal (like a locker).

(I can't read the company logo).

« Last Edit: Wednesday 16 November 2011, 09:11 pm by zuse »
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline pikapal

Re: [ID: US Version of Bankuka by Brinquedos Bandeirante] Barbie-Sized Laundry Set
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 17 March 2010, 06:24 am »
Do you remember how big the sets were.

Offline zuse

Re: [ID: US Version of Bankuka by Brinquedos Bandeirante] Barbie-Sized Laundry Set
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 17 March 2010, 06:37 am »
Barbie size. In that one picture it's sitting on the shelf in front of a Playskool Alphie II robot and is about the same height. I'd say between 10-12 inches.

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline EricaVee

That tiny unreadable logo is really tantalizing. Don't you wish real life was like those crime shows where they can magnify an image infinitely no matter how low-res it is?

I know of a brand that had that weird graph paper packaging but I can't remember the name right now. I will continue to rack my brains.
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)
-Lady Lovely Locks Seek & Peek board game
-Used/nude Fashionista Ken

Offline zuse

Any more ideas?

It was apparently from Toys R Us because I think I see their orange sticker on the top of the box. So there's a chance that it's not THAT obscure and that someone else had it too!

A lot of it was plastic... but some of it (like the yellow part of the closet/cabinet) was metal... kind of like a toy school locker.
« Last Edit: Wednesday 02 March 2011, 06:31 am by zuse »

Offline zuse

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 26 October 2010, 03:54 am »
I wonder if the company is Fun-World. Some of their 80s toy packaging has that grid pattern on the box...

Offline EmBee

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 26 October 2010, 04:28 am »
I don't know I'll try that lead.  I have honestly spent a lot of time on this and still come up with nothing.  :\  I hope it's figured out!

-Em
;)

Offline zuse

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 26 October 2010, 04:33 am »
I love you for that! It IS frustrating! Grr.

Offline zuse

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 26 October 2010, 04:49 am »
Darn. Blue Box used that background as well. And that logo doesn't look like it matches either one...

Offline EmBee

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 26 October 2010, 05:47 am »
I even downloaded a free trial program that zooms in really well on photos.  Well as you can see it didn't help me.  I can't believe a picture of a boxed toy is so hard to figure out lol!  I guess it was just one of those really oddball brands that weren't widely known..?

-Em
;)

Offline marialuisa_mt

• Los Barriguitas de Famosa
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 13 November 2010, 12:50 am »
Hi! I wanted to let you know that last week I traveled for work to a city near to Caracas, were I live (I'm from Venezuela) and there I visited a very old toy store which still has some toys from the 70's and 80's... And there I saw the cabinet with the folding ironing board of this set!!! I couldn't believe it, when I saw it I inmediatly remembered your photo on this post... The cabinet was loose, there was no sign of the box or the washer machine that completes the set, I examined very carefully the cabinet but I found no markings on it... I'm so sorry that I don't have further information to give to you... but it might mean that this was a generic non-branded toy...
Desperately looking for:
Deluxe Reading Kitchen

Offline zuse

« Reply #11 on: Saturday 13 November 2010, 02:41 pm »
Thank you for the information! However, something tells me that red mark on the box IS a logo. It's just not a major enough company where the toy itself was branded (maybe there was once a sticker?) Also, it might have been sold through various different companies?

Looking at the red "logo" I'm trying to decide if that white figure at the top is supposed to be a swan or duck. If only someone knew old logos. ;)

Offline marialuisa_mt

• Los Barriguitas de Famosa
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 13 November 2010, 04:28 pm »
I don't know if you tried this yet, but I recommend you to stablish saved searches on ebay.uk and ebay.us with the words "laundry set" on both categories "toys" and "dolls"... It might take a long, but I'm sure eventually someone will sell one set like this... And when that happens, you'll receive the notice on your email inbox!
Desperately looking for:
Deluxe Reading Kitchen

Offline zuse

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 22 December 2010, 01:25 am »
The logo looks like it might either be like a white swan/duck on a red background. Or more likely two interlocking letters. A "b" and a "d"? Something like that?

Offline zuse

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 02 March 2011, 06:12 am »
Nothing has popped up in my saved searches over all these months. Does the logo on the packaging look familiar to anyone so that I'll have a bit more to go on? :)

anything