Along with researching my own family, I also enjoy researching other peoples families and particularly like a challenge! I will quite often help other genealogists with specific problem relatives via forum posts, as well as setting my self much larger projects such as the Hadleigh War Memorial and Memory Benches.
Research :: Other Trees
- Ontario Genealogy Facebook group member "JM" asked for help deciphering the maiden name of the groom's mother on a wedding certificate, the groom being one George Edward Frank SPEERS.
- Intrigued by a photo of a gravestone slowly being swallowed up by a tree for Anne MOSELEY, the fourth wife of Henry MOSELEY, I decided to find out more. What I found was a man who had suffered many tragedies in his life, with the loss of three young wives and three of his children. Sadly, the only tree Henry left behind is the one now growing through his grave.
- A message left by Jackie Morrey on a Facebook genealogy page about her Great Great Grandfather Morris ASHMORE got me intrigued, so I decided to investigate.
- Using census and electoral records I have been able to trace the occupants of 7 Tennyson Road from 1899 (two years after it was built) to 1939 (three years before it sustained serious war damage and was rebuilt), so more or less covering its existence in its original form.
- After looking over a little group ration books and similar items belonging to a Mrs Frances F Sansom Fenn I began to wonder who she was and what I could find out about her.
- Whilst researching the family tree of one of JCA's closer DNA matches, I stumbled upon Marzella MCDANIEL and her son Benjamin living within a side branch MANLY household in 1920. I had not found Marzella in the 1920 census up until this point, and I was most curious to find out how she was related to the MANLY family and thereby possibly the ARNOLD line.
Research :: My Tree
- AncestryDNA have just updated their genetic origins again (Sep 2020).
- AncestryDNA updated their genetic origins again in Aug 2019 (not sure why it's taken me so long to take a look!).
- Can researching the Bromham, Bedfordshire parish records for any mention of the surname MAYHEW help confirm the identity my 5th Great Grandfather John Mayhew's parents?
- I received two messages from two different Ancestry members recently regarding a member of my paternal FULCHER family line and the maiden name of his wife, both wondering how I had come about it. I thought I had better take a look at see!
- AncestryDNA have just updated their genetic origins, adding dozens of new communities and taking the total in the UK to 73. How does that change things with my own and other family members ethnicity results?
- Can researching the STULL family lead to any further clues on George Barnes (5GGF), or where his son Christian (4GGF) was living between 1778, when his father George died, and 1797 when he moved to Ontario, Canada?
- Up to this point I had not traced back from either side of my paternal 2nd Great Grandparents, Mary MITCHELL and Robert WHITE (on the BARNES side). I decided to look see if any more records had been added online since I last researched them.